Wednesday, September 16, 2015

God Loves All of His Children 9/14/15

Hello everyone!!

First of all, thank you to everyone for the birthday cards and emails! You are all so supportive and great and I love you :)


                                                             

Pics:
  • How I feel when I get a package!
  • Sister Barton baked me a cake!
  • Sister Barton ....such a sweet woman
 
Life has been busy and good here in Elko, Nevada. This week was by far the busiest Sister Hingano and I have had so far and we got to teach A TON of lessons and see a lot of miracles. We have currently have 8 investigators with a baptismal date, so that;s exciting! I took the lead in setting a lot of them this week, so that was an exciting experience for me. 

This week was one of Less-Active miracles. We had a bunch of less-active families let us in that have not done so in the past. And a few even came to church! We know that God loves all of His children and ALWAYS wants them to return to Him, even if they've strayed from the path for a while. 

We did exchanges with the Lovelock Sisters this week, and they both came to Elko, so that was a different experience. We basically just did splits all day and had double the appointments. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot about patience. 

We had quite a few people drop us this week, but we've also met a bunch of new investigators, so that is really exciting! 

Favorite quote from this week: "Sometimes God calms the storm. Sometimes God lets the storm rage on and calms His child." I know that is true. When we feel like the storms of life are beating upon us, we can rest assured that The Lord is aware of our needs and our fears and that He will either calm the storm or give us the strength and comfort that we need to get through the storms with His help.

General Conference is coming up! Is anyone as pumped as I am?? I'm kind of hoping to stay in America for one more transfer so I can watch it in English (and be here for all of our investigators), but whatever the Lord's plan is, I'll be happy. 

Hope you are all doing well! I have loved hearing about how you are doing. Shout-out to my little brother, Ethan, who received the Aaronic Priesthood this week. You're awesome, and the Priesthood is one of my favorite things ever. Jack, nice job helping with that. Mary, you're awesome!

I love you all! Keep praying, reading the Book of Mormon, and serving those around you. You have so much potential, you can't even realize it! 

Don't forget your prayers, Jesus loves you!
All my love,
Sister Doyle


Extra pics from the week:
  • Some members gave us some coconuts! 
  • Elko Fair with Sister Hingano