Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Feliz Ano Novo! 1/5/16

Happy New Year´s everyone!!


Unfortunately, we had to stay in the house on New Year´s Eve, but Brazil throws quite the party, let me tell you!! I´ve never heard so many fireworks in my life!!!



This week was pretty rough with our investigators, but Sister Bundy and I are working as hard as ever, and we´ve been finding some new people to teach, which is very exciting :) I know there are a lot of people here who are just waiting to hear about Christ and how His Atonement can help their families. What a great message we have!!

In other news, we saw a monkey today!!! We were walking in a new area and spotted this tiny little monkey sitting on a car!! We were freaking out; it was so cute! I love Brazil. Although I have yet to see a tarantula...hopefully that won´t change my mind :)


My rash has completely gone away, so that´s a blessing :) The other Sisters were sick this week, but we´ve been taking good care of them. It has been a pleasure to live with them.

Our English class went well this week and we did a review of everything we´ve learned so far. Our students were pleasantly surprised by how much they can say :)

                                                             

Also, I´ve been learning how to make some traditional Brazilian food, so that´s exciting! Sister Bundy and I made Pao de Queijo twice this week from scratch, and we were quite happy with the results :)


...AND we got new beds! A new mattress is a beautiful thing :)

                                                            We LOVE our new beds!!!!!!

Hope you are all doing well and have already made some goals for the new year. 2 Nephi 27:23 says that God can work miracles in our lives if we just have faith. I challenge everyone to make a goal this year to increase your faith by praying, reading The Book of Mormon, and attending church. I know that if you do these things, consistently, God truly can work miracles in your life. I´ve seen so many miracles this week alone. God is real and He has blessing just for you. All you have to do is believe and act on that belief :)

All my love,
Sister Doyle