Monday, December 14, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!!! 11/30/15

Oi tudo mundo!
Happy Thanksgiving! They don´t celebrate Thanksgiving here so it was just another day, but Sister Bundy and I made brownies to celebrate :) Hope you all had a great time with your families and all the yummy food :)

This week was good! Sister Bundy and I have been working harder than ever, trying to build up our teaching pool and get some new investigators. 

On Wednesday into Thursday, I did my first exchange here, staying in Cidade Lider without Sister Bundy!! I was super nervous, but it was actually a great experience for me! I was super surprised be my own abilities to handle everything. I spoke more than I´ve ever spoken and we (Sister Gines and I) found and taught two new investigators!! I was super surprised and relieved that I didn´t get us lost or misunderstand anything. It was a good confidence booster for me :) And Sister Gines is super sweet! 

Those two new investigators were both total miracles this week. The first one, Gor, is an older woman who has been through a lot and would really like some friends. I know she´ll find just what she´s looking for at church :) She kept repeating that we were angels sent to her door by God in answer to her prayers. I know that God loves all His children.

The second new investigator is Gis, and she is a young mom who just moved here! Sister Bundy and I taught her about the Restoration this week, and after I quoted Jospeh Smith´s account of the First Vision, I asked her how she felt, and she said she felt peaceful and light. That is what the Gospel can bring to people´s lives!! I´m so excited to get to know her better! Plus her baby is adorable!!

Mar is doing well and preparing for his baptism, although it has been very difficult for him to quit smoking. He can do it though :)
                                                 
Saturday was our second English class and we had...drum roll please...5 people!! Three were non-members!! It went really well and we think they´ll bring friends next time :) It´s pretty surreal to be teaching English in a foreign country haha But the people love English here. We have random people stop us and ask us to speak in English with them. They think it´s a really beautiful language :) I can´t wait to be fluent in Portuguese so I can switch back and forth with ease. That will come eventually :)
Anyways, I hope you are all doing well! I highly recommend visiting www.lds.org to look at some of the Christmas things they have there. I am so excited for this season to remember the greatest gift God has given to us: His Son. I´m so grateful for all that Christ has done for me and my family and our investigators here. He has done so much for everyone, regardless of who they are or where they are. How wonderful He is!

All my love,
Sister Doyle