Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Temples are the Bomb.com 10/26/15

Hello people!

Hope you´re all doing well! This week was different, but good! Lots of rain and we´ve been freezing, which is definitely different than last week haha

On Tuesday, we got to go to the Sao Paulo Temple!! Definitely the highlight of Brazil so far! The Temple is GORGEOUS! Like the prettiest building I have ever been in. And of course, the things that happen in the Temple are amazing as well. We got to do an endowment session and initiatories, and it was all in Portuguese, so it was definitely a different experience for me :) Still awesome, though.




At the Temple, we got to see a lot of the missionaries in the mission, so that was neat. I can´t wait to be able to speak fluently so I can actually get to know people instead of just sitting there trying to translate. Having people like Elder Bush around has been such a blessing. Love that Elder :) We get to go to the Temple twice a year, so I should get to go at least two more times! I love the Temple and I´m so excited for our recent converts to be able to experience the blessings of the Temple just like my family and I have. If you haven´t gone yet, start preparing now, because it´s amazing.


This week was pretty slow in terms of lessons, but we taught a few really good lessons, and one of our investigators, Sid, introduced us to his friend, Mar, and he is golden! He came to church on Sunday and seemed to like it. I´m really excited to start teaching him. And maybe the two of them can be baptized together soon! Having friends in the church is soooo important to retention! 

Our landlord came to us at the beginning of the week and said that there was a leakage problem with our shower, so he was going to work on it sometime this week. Imagine our surprise when we returned home on Tuesday and saw our toilet in the living room. We opened the bathroom door, and what used to be our shower and toilet was literally just a HOLE. It has taken them the entire week to redo it and they never found the problem. It was definitely rough not having a shower or toilet all week, but I think they are finishing it tonight! Our neighbor was kind enough to let us use her bathroom every day. We now have a new toilet and new tiles, but our bathroom smells super weird haha hopefully we can fix that soon :)

We had a ward activity this Saturday at a gorgeous park! And we had a couple of non-members and recent converts there so that was great :) Other than that, life has been pretty low-key. We got a new Ward Mission Leader, and he´s pretty excited, so I´m hoping he can help us improve the work happening in this area :) 



Scripture of the week: 1 Nephi 15:13-16! So cool! I love God´s plan for making sure that all of His children get to hear the Gospel and I am so blessed to able to be teaching the scattered tribes of Isreal here!

Let me know if you have any questions! Sorry that I don´t get to respond to everyone´s emails and that my responses are usually short! I love you all and I´m grateful for the continued support and prayers! You guys are in my prayers and I miss you and think of you often.  

All my love,
Sister Doyle