Friday, November 4, 2016

I´m learning a lot... 10/31/16

Hello everybody!

This week was a little crazy because we traveled to the other side of the mission to help a companionship that´s opening a new area, and then we did two divisions here in Monumento, and then the other two sisters we live with had a division as well. But it was good! All in all, 11 sisters passed through our house this week!! And only one bathroom....

We are having some really amazing experiences here :) Personally, I had a great learning experience yesterday. We had made a contact with a lesbian couple (M and E) earlier in the week and we marked to visit them Sunday afternoon. I was kind of nervous about the experience because I didn´t want to say or do anything that would offend them; I´ve never had much contact with women with this tendency. M has the appearance of a man, with masculine hair and clothes, tatoos, and a really gruff voice. As we were teaching them in their front driveway, a man from the street came over and was acting really strangely with me. I was really uncomfortable and didn´t know what to do. We tried giving him our card, but nothing was satisfying him. Then M went over to the man and calmly and patiently talked to him for a good 20 minutes and helped him out until he went away. 

I was so impressed. Here is a woman who I could have judged because of her lifestyle or appearance, but she was so Christlike and kind with this man on the street, and so thoughtful to help us out in a moment of distress. I was very humbled and I realized that we can never judge anyone by their appearance or lifestyle. We´re all children of God, we all have the same purpose here on this earth, and we were all given the light of Christ to help us along the path. I felt so much love for this woman, because of the beautiful spirit she has. I´m really grateful for experiences like this one that help me to overcome my own weaknesses and understand how to more fully love those around me. 

God is so good. He knows exactly what we need. I hope we can all take advantage of the learning experiences God gives us each day so that we can turn more and more into the people God knows we can become. I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

All my love,
Sister Doyle