Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Perhaps until the day I die... 12/5/16

Hello everyone!!

This week was super crazy but everything turned out well!

This Friday, we had the monthly leadership training, and I think this one was the best one I have ever participated in. I really felt the Spirit and I think the others felt it too. We gave a training about leadership and the responsibility to minister. And then we gave a training about "The Plan of Salvation of the Mission," complete with Pre-Mission Life, MTC, the mission itself, the final interview with President, and Post-Mission Life. We used the Bible video about Christ calling His disciples when they were out fishing and we discussed what could be the possible nets that are keeping us from following the Savior´s call. It was a really cool message. 

I was feeling good until the end when President asked all the missionaries who are leaving to stand up and give their testimonies. I felt so sick. I was the last one to go and I honestly didn´t want to get up and admit that I would be going home soon. I was crying and praying in my seat, and I opened The Book of Mormon and I read Alma 17:23:

"And Ammon said unto him: Yea, I desire to dwell among this people for a time; yea, and perhaps until the day I die."

It was exactly what I was feeling in that moment. I love this people. I love this country. I love this Gospel. I could stay here until the day I die. 

But I bore my testimony that I know that our mission doesn´t end when we take off this name tag. I know that God still has a mission for me, and that this mission here in Brazil was like an MTC (missionary training center) for my mission in life. And that mission really will be until the day I die. 

I hope you are all doing well and fulfilling the various missions that each one of you has. If you´re not sure yet what your mission here in life is, I challenge to pray and ask God. He´ll tell you :)

All my love,
Sister Doyle

P.S. - don´t forget to visit mormon.org to do the Light of World challenge :) It´s a fantastic way to get in the Spirit of Christmas!