Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Time is ticking down.... 12/19/16

Hello everyone!!

I hope you are all enjoying this Christmas season and participating in the Light of World initiative on mormon.org . It´s amazing!!

This week has been quite the roller coaster, with lots of hard realizations. But I´m happy to be here and to be able to continue working this week. 

Thursday night, we went to visit a family that we have been teaching for months, and we have been preparing ourselves to stop visiting them, but we wanted to try one last time to help them. I was thinking it would not go well, and I was preparing myself for the sadness that always comes when you stop visiting someone. We watched the video "He is the Gift" and the spirit was really strong. Sister Rocha asked the mom, "What kind of gift could you give to Jesus Christ this Christmas?" She thought a long time and finally said, "I´m not ready, but baptism would be a great gift." I then got to testify to her that she is indeed ready. The Spirit was telling me what to say and I could see her changing before my eyes. I was able to tell her of her worth in the eyes of Her Father and of His confidence in her. She accepted the invitation to be baptized on Christmas day. I know that God believes in us more than we believe in ourselves sometimes. He knows when we´re ready. And He sends His authorized servants to remind us of our own worth in His eyes.

Sunday was our special Missionary-Work themed sacrament meeting. I gave a talk (as well as President and Sister Silcox) and Sister Rocha and I sang "Oh Holy Night" in portuguese and inglês. It was a really beautiful, spirit-filled meeting. And then we taught Sunday School in French and English and Portuguese all at once, which was a cool experience :)
I´m so grateful for this Gospel and all the blessings that we can recieve through the covenants and ordenances that the Church of Jesus Christ has to offer. 

Have the best week yet. Merry Christmas!!!

All my love, 
Sister Doyle