Friday, September 30, 2016

Finding new people, and the protection of angels... 9/26/16

Hello everyone!

This week, our main goal was to find some new people to teach about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how it can help their family. It´s not always easy to do this, but I had faith that God would help us.

On Tuesday morning, I prayed and prayed that we could find a new family that day, and I really felt like we would. We worked the whole day and didn´t find anyone new. Then, in the last hour before we returned home, we went to contact a former investigator from the Area Book. The person didn´t even live there...but his neighbor let us in. And he and his wife and his mother-in-law are now our newest investigators :) God always fulfills His promises.Their names are Edson and Bruna.

We´re also still teaching Deniese and Fritho from Haiti. They´re hard to teach because they only speak French, but we´re getting there. Also, their adorable little son, Fedney, is like my favorite person in the whole world.

Gustavo was confirmed and received the Holy Ghost yesterday and it was beautiful :) He said that he felt all warm inside :)

Also, I have a testimony that angels protect us while we work. We were helping an elderly lady cross a big intersection when a huge bus came hurtling around the corner. He slammed on his brakes and came within 2 feet of hitting us and the lady. I know that angels were there to help us that day. And then the elderly lady totally cursed and chewed out the bus haha it was definitely a day I won´t forget! Good memories :)

I´m really happy here, even though it´s hard sometimes. I feel so honored to be serving a mission and helping God´s children learn a little bit more about the plan that He had for them :) I hope you all have a great week and that you are accompanied by angels as you go :)

All my love,
Sister Doyle